A total of 70 members of the House of Representatives of the Philippines voted against ABS-CBN Corporation’s application for a 25-year license. Among them, 11 are from Mindanao.
On July 10, 2020, a total of 85 panel members were present to cast their votes whether or not to allow ABS-CBN to renew its franchise. Out of the 85 panel members, 46 were regular members while 36 were ex-officio members who either were physically present or attended virtually via the Zoom app.
Chaired by Palawan representative Franz Alvarez, the Philippines’ House Committee on Legislative Franchises needed 43 votes to get the majority to deny the franchise application ABS-CBN to construct, install, establish, operate and maintain radio and broadcasting stations in the Philippines. Here are the 35 Mindanao congressmen who voted against the television network’s franchise renewal:
- Camiguin’s Xavier Jesus Romualdo
- Cotabato 3rd District’s Jose Tejada
- Davao City 1st District’s Paolo “Pulong” Zimmerman Duterte
- Iligan’s Frederick Siao
- Maguindanao 2nd District’s Esmael “Toto” Mangudadatu
- Misamis Occidental 2nd District’s Henry Oaminal
- Misamis Oriental 1st District’s Christian Unabia
- Surigao del Norte 1st District’s Francisco Jose Matugas II (Johnny Pimentel)
- Zamboanga del Sur 1st District’s Divina Grace Yu
- Zamboanga Sibugay 1st District’s Wilter Palma II
- Zamboanga Sibugay 2nd District’s Dulce Ann Hofer
Check the complete list on Conan Daily.